This application is for entrepreneurs looking to start or expand within the Cesar Chavez Drive,
Historic King Drive, Historic Mitchell Street, Near West Side, North Avenue/Fond du Lac and Riverworks corridors and surrounding neighborhoods. A map of the program area is located on the business resource page.
Ongoing Deadlines: March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, December 1st
Business planning track: up to 25 people each cycle awarded with business planning classes.
Space matching and buildout track: Applicants will receive support to be matched with spaces available within the program. Number of entrepreneurs limited to spaces available. Entrepreneurs must have a business plan approved by Brew City Match partners before being matched with a property.
Financing track – loans and grants: Once an entrepreneur has a plan and an approved space, applicants are eligible to receive:
- Competitive financing for both property build-out and business operations
- Grants from the City of Milwaukee for property build-out
- Grants from the relevant Business Improvement District for property build-out and design. Maximum of $20k for build-out grants, $5k for design.
- Grants of $1k for marketing support
ALL accepted entrepreneurs will have access to*:
- 1:1 business technical assistance
- 1:1 coaching focused on revenue strategy – for a nominal fee
- Growth accelerators such as through Scale Up Milwaukee
- Support for personal financial planning and credit readiness
- Networking opportunities
- Ongoing learning opportunities
- Additional opportunities as available. Examples include the COVID-19 Small Business Emergency Loan, and photography and videography services
How it works
All entrepreneurs must complete an application once and will be placed in the appropriate track. As entrepreneurs build their business, they will have access to new resources.* Winners will be notified within thirty days of the most recent deadline. Anyone that is not selected is welcome to apply for a second round.
For questions, contact Celia Benton, LISC Program Officer, at 414-930-1743.
*No resource is guaranteed.